Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Marco College's Barrett Skittles Extends Hit Streak to 5

from the Allied Press

In the Kissimmee Regional, history unfolded as Marco College second baseman Barrett Skittles extended his hitting streak to 5 games, which is second all-time in NCAA Division IV history. The current record is 763 held by Fort Oglethorpe's legendary catcher Ethan Gragensky, who, between 1993 and 2006 got a hit in every Punter game. Gragensky just concluded his 19th season with the team. Said Skittles when asked about staying for another season to pursue Gragensky's record, "I don't know right now. I really want to; I think I'm close, but it's all going to come down to how highly I'm drafted." Skittles currently is not projected to be drafted by the MLB, but potentially could end up as a late round pick in the supplemental Seaboard Coast League independent minor league draft. Marco College ended their season Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment